compagnon "the messenger" in black - second-generationThe second generation of the original, definitive compagnon. Keeping its essence, timeless design that's elegant, practical and cool, combining it with with natural, German bull leather and European craftsmanship. Unique and special for many years to come. Takes up to two full frame DSLRs like a Nikon D5 or Canon 5D Mark III with mounted 70-200mm f2.8 zoom lens. And a 15" Macbook Pro and various other gear on top!
The messenger was designed for the following example gear– 1-2 full frame DSLRs (with battery grip) like a Canon 5DS R or Nikon D5 with mounted zoom lens (like a 70-200mm f2.8)
– alternatively 2-3 mirrorless cameras like the Olympus O-MD E-M1, Olympus O-MD E-M5, Olympus O-MD M10, Fuji X Pro 2, Sony A6300, Sony A7, Leica M6, Leica M240, Leica T, Leica Q and many more.
– two additional prime lenses, alternatively another large zoom lens (like a 300mm f2.8) off camera
– separate, padded 15? laptop and/or tablet compartment on the inside, perfect for Macbook Pro 15?
– rear side zipper pocket for documents and valuables
– two detachable zipper pockets with velcro for storing filters, lens caps, cleaning utensils and so on
– various versatile pockets on the front for batteries, filter packs, lens pens, smartphone, keys, wallet and more
– detachable memory card holder (included) for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) that can be positioned individually or taken out altogether in a second
– premium, smooth bull leather, traditionally & naturally tanned in Northern Germany
– solid metal parts featuring a “Vintage Gunmetal” finish
– tucked, doubly sewn edges all around for a truly unique quality look and feel
– new high tech magnetic clasp made by German manufacturer Fidlock. This clasp is revered in extreme sports as it latches once closed so it won’t open by accident no matter how the bag is loaded or its carrier moves. But the clasp can still be opened quickly, silently and easily with a single hand
– the new rear grab handle adds significant convenience to the handling of the bag and it also doubles as a trolley mount (fitting all standard trolley handles)
– highly practical front pocket that is also secured by the main flap
– rear pocket now nearly spans the entire width of the bag so there’s more room for all kinds of equipment
– extra secure, hidden zipper pocket between main storage and front pocket
– zippers made by the best zipper manufacturer in the world: YKK. The zippers also feature a water repellant coating
– doubly sewn shoulder strap with a tear proof belt as its base layer features a detachable, comfortable leather shoulder cushion
– the bags floor is protected by solid metal studs, which also make sure it won’t ever tip over once set down
– we also added 10 centimeters to the leather shoulder strap so even very tall users can enjoy full comfort and flexibility
Interior features– the messenger comes with three shorter cushioned pads and two larger pads with the new folding function. The can be arranged according to your preferences and your equipment. The possibilities are endless and storage layouts like stacking prime lenses on top of each other are easier to achieve.
– the compagnon velcro velour is gentle with sensitive parts like displays, filters, lenses and your hands, of course. But its also resists regular wear and tear.
– the messenger features 2 front zippers allowing you to fully open the front of the bag to grant extra fast and easy access for loading & unloading or during an intense shoot. The two zippers are secured by press stud leather straps so they are securely closed
– compagnon velcro velour is now also used in the versatile front pocket
– the optional memory card holder for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) features three marked slots for full cards (included)
– inside the main storage there are two detachable zipper pockets (1x slide-in, 1x zipper) for small items, lens caps, business cards and so on. It can also be attached somewhere else in the bag, of course.