compagnon "the medium messenger" in lightbrown - second-generationThe new Generation 2 of the messenger lineup brings a new middle.
Timeless classic design just like its smaller and bigger brothers.
Naturally tanned bull leather from Northern Germany for a camera bag that, carefully handmade in Europe, will be your friend and compagnon for many years to come.
Perfect size for up to two Sony A7 R II with 2-4 lenses or alternatively a Nikon D810 DSLR with 2-3 lenses. It can take an iPad Pro and a lot more equipment on top of that!
The medium messenger was designed for the following example gear
– 2 mirrorless cameras like the Olympus O-MD E-M1, Olympus O-MD E-M5, Olympus O-MD M10, Fuji X Pro 2, Sony A6300, Sony A7, Leica M6, Leica M240, Leica T, Leica Q and many more.
– alternatively a full frame DSLR (with battery grip) like for example the Nikon D810 or Canon 6D with 24-70mm f2.8 zoom lens mounted
– two compact prime lenses, alternatively a larger zoom lens (like a 70-200mm) off camera
– separate, padded 12.9? tablet compartment on the inside, perfect up to iPad Pro
– rear side zipper pocket for documents and valuables
– two detachable zipper pockets with velcro for storing filters, lens caps, cleaning utensils and so on
– various versatile pockets on the front for batteries, filter packs, lens pens, smartphone, keys, wallet and more
– detachable memory card holder (included) for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) that can be positioned individually or taken out altogether in a second
Exterior features– premium, smooth bull leather, traditionally & naturally tanned in Northern Germany
– solid metal parts featuring a “Vintage Gunmetal” finish
– tucked, doubly sewn edges all around for a truly unique quality look and feel
– new high tech magnetic clasp made by German manufacturer Fidlock. This clasp is revered in extreme sports as it latches once closed so it won’t open by accident no matter how the bag is loaded or its carrier moves. But the clasp can still be opened quickly, silently and easily with a single hand
– the new rear grab handle adds significant convenience to the handling of the bag and it also doubles as a trolley mount (fitting all standard trolley handles)
– highly practical front pocket that is also secured by the main flap
– rear pocket now nearly spans the entire width of the bag so there’s more room for all kinds of equipment
– extra secure, hidden zipper pocket between main storage and front pocket
– zippers made by the best zipper manufacturer in the world: YKK. The zippers also feature a water repellant coating
– doubly sewn shoulder strap with a tear proof belt as its base layer features a detachable, comfortable leather shoulder cushion
– the bags floor is protected by solid metal studs, which also make sure it won’t ever tip over once set down
– we also added 10 centimeters to the leather shoulder strap so even very tall users can enjoy full comfort and flexibility
Interior features– the medium messenger comes with two shorter cushioned pads and two larger pads with the new folding function. The can be arranged according to your preferences and your equipment. The possibilities are endless and storage layouts like stacking prime lenses on top of each other are easier to achieve.
– the compagnon velcro velour is gentle with sensitive parts like displays, filters, lenses and your hands, of course. But its also resists regular wear and tear.
– compagnon velcro velour is now also used in the versatile front pocket
– the optional memory card holder for up to 12 memory cards (SD, CF, xQD) features three marked slots for full cards (included)
– inside the main storage there are two detachable zipper pockets (1x slide-in, 1x zipper) for small items, lens caps, business cards and so on. It can also be attached somewhere else in the bag, of course.