Please note that this is a manual focus lens.
The Planar T* 50mm f/1.4 lens is a bright and compact standard lens with a precise manual focusing mechanism and large rotation angle for precise control. The lens is designed for medium to long distances and provides high-performance wide open. When stopped down the performance of the lens improves even more.
Brilliant images with excellent contrast and natural color rendition are the result of the lens construction which controls flare and ghosting artifacts. When mounted on a DSLR with a 1.5 crop factor, the lens becomes a compact, lightweight 75mm portrait lens.
- large rotary angle for pinpoint focusing
- wide focusing rotation perfect for videography
- high quality, smooth focusing mechanism without play
- immediate display of changes in the viewfinder
- precise engraving in meters and feet
- T* anti-reflex coating by Carl Zeiss
- stray light reduction for rich colors
- minimized reflection and color fringes
- optimum distortion correction
- standardized color characteristics over all focal lengths
- 9 blades create an almost circular aperture
- adjustable in 1/ 2 f-stop intervals
- aperture ring with easy-to-detect lock-in positions and precise photometric grading
- all-metal mounts
- practical focusing and aperture setting ring in metal
- sturdy front bayonet and filter thread
Lens Mount: EF bayonet for EOS cameras from Canon
- Planar T* 50mm f/1.4 Lens
- Metal Lens Hood
- Protective Caps