58mm ND-FILTER 806 ND 1,8 by B+W with MCR nano Coating
- Reducing the amount of light entering the camera
- Suitable for both analog and digital cameras
- Selective sharpness by achieving larger apertures – ideal for portraiture
- Long exposures producing a cotton candy effect on moving water and deserted streets void of people and cars
- Wipe effects, continuous light trails
- Made in Germany
ND filters uniformly reduce the visible light spectrum. Ideally, such filters have a "horizontal" transmittance curve in the visible spectral range, i.e. all spectral colors passing through the filter act on the receptor (film, sensor, etc.) with the same intensity.
This B+W ND filter, which reduces light entering the camera by six stops, already qualifies as an extreme filter. With this filter, and without changing the aperture (and DOF), an exposure time of 1/60 s becomes a full second. Running water is rendered hazy and soft. A tripod is necessary in any case.